[Xy-pic] Re: Scaling xygraph

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 01:30:53 +1000 (EST)

> Dear Ross Moore,
>
> I would like to scale (double size, say) and center an xygraph:

You can define a basis for the coordinates in your \xygraph
as follows:

    !{0;/r2cm/:}   % 1 unit = 2cm, both vertically and horizontally
                   %  that is, using a square grid
or
    !{0;/r2cm/:,p+/u3cm/::}   % 1 unit = 2cm horizontally
                              %        = 3cm vertically
                              %  that is, using a rectangular grid

However, your example uses a !M (matrix) sub-object.
To adjust the spacing within this subobject, use @-expressions
e.g.  @R=3cm   % row spacing = 3cm
      @C=2cm   %  column spacing = 2cm

There is a section in the Reference Manual concerning \xymatrix
which explains the different possible @-expressions.

> \begin{center}
> \xygraph{!M{ \F A \="FA" \:[r]_\psi \:[d]_{\F h} &
>          A \="A"  \:[d]^h \\
>       \F B \="FB" \:[r]^\psi &
>          B \="B" }}
> \end{center}

e.g.

\begin{center}
 \xygraph{%   !{0;/r2cm/:,p+/u3cm/::}
          %   the above basis change is irrelevant here
          %
   !M @R=3cm @C=2cm { \F A \="FA" \:[r]_\psi \:[d]_{\F h} &
          A \="A"  \:[d]^h \\
       \F B \="FB" \:[r]^\psi &
          B \="B" }}
 \end{center}

The result should look as at:

	http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/LARSSON/xytest/

On the other hand, if what you want to do is scale *everything*
in the graph, including the font characters, then you do this
using a PostScript back-end, and load the  xyrotate module:

\xyoption{dvips}
\xyoption{rotate}

$$
\begin{xy}*[*2]\xybox{%
 \xygraph{%
   !M { \F A \="FA" \:[r]_\psi \:[d]_{\F h} &
       \F B \="FB" \:[r]^\psi &
 }\end{xy}
$$

> Can you please advise me how to do this? (I cannot find guidance in
> Gossings book nor in the xypic reference.)

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore