[XeTeX] XeTeX wish list ...

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 22:25:31 CEST 2023

po 14. 8. 2023 v 18:37 odesílatel Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute)
<P.Taylor at hellenic-institute.uk> napsal:

> On 14/08/2023 17:28, Zdeněk Wagner wrote:
>
> You can ask xdvipdfmx to add title, author, subject, keywords,
> creator, and producer. It is done by hyperref and also by my
> zwpagelayout which is shorter.
> Both packages do it for pdflatex, luatex, and xelatex. You can remove
> the LaTeX things and just copy the code which sends the PDF
> primitives. It the title is not defined, all engines take it from
> \jobname.
>
> Zdeněk Wagner
> https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/
>
> A little confused, Zdeněk  — how does this address my problem of wishing to causes XeTeX to create a PDF file named something other than \jobname.pdf ?

OK, it does not change the file name but it changes the text on the
window bar when it is open in the PDF viewer. If you just want to
change the file name, you can either rename it or compile a file with
the requested name which will contain just one \input. And probably
the easiest method is to use the -jobname option:

xetex -jobname=RequiredName inputfile

I have just tried and this works.

> --
> ** Phil.