[XeTeX] Linux Libertine 5 serif too heavy

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Tue Jun 14 03:15:15 CEST 2011

Ross,

It looks like you may have multiple versions of Libertine.  The list of
fonts at the left of your screen shot shows Linux Libertine O, which is the
opentype version (fonts endings in .otf), while the main portion shows .ttf
fonts, which are named Linux Libertine (no 'O').  I had the same problem a
while back, accidentally having installed both versions.  Go with one or the
other and see if that helps.  Maybe Sebastian has the same issues.

Best wishes,
David