[XeTeX] XeTeX Digest, Vol 48, Issue 26

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 05:22:47 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Yin Dian <yindian at gmail.com> wrote:
>  \newfontfamily\zhfont[RawFeature={vertical:+vert}]{Adobe Song Std}

Here's the kind of example I was looking for. It would be easy for me
to add a feature in fontspec that turns on +vert if it has it and
otherwise use +vrt2, as well as the "vertical" XeTeX feature. Is this
the only way such features are used?

For example, it seems pretty clear that I also want to be turning on
+valt to get any roman letters in the vertical text at the correct
alignment. Also see +vkrn, +vpal, and +vkna (Japanese only, I guess).

Is there anyone around who knows how fonts in the wild expect these
features to be used?

Will