[XeTeX] some xelatex problems...

rhomunu-list at yahoo.fr rhomunu-list at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 7 23:34:09 CET 2008

Hello,
I am new to xelatex (but not to latex and pdflatex). I want to test it, because I think it is the true future of (pdf)latex.
But for the moment, I can only consider to try it for small projects, because I have some problems I don't understand.
First, notice that I want to use the fontspec package, which seems almost obvious considering what it does...
My installation:
 - XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.996 (Web2C 7.5.6)
 - fontspec.sty v1.14
 - Mac OSX 10.5.1
Here are my concerns:
1- I don't get numberings in the equation environment: I get some red letters...
2- There seems to be some difference between xelatex-fontspec and xetex about the \special commands: I have tried to compile the examples taken from the file "transformations.tex" distributed with xetex in some xelatex file: some big differences!!! With xetex (original file), it's OK.
3- I don't know what to think about the warning messages:
    ## xdv2pdf: use of uninstalled fonts (specified by filename) such as
    ##   [/Users/thierry/Library/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman12-regular.otf]
    ## is not supported; try using the xdvipdfmx driver instead.
and
    Type1 font data returned by OFAStreamPSDownload isn't in the correct format required by the Adobe Type 1Font Format specification.
in the console window...

Any advices there?
Thanks in advance...
Thierry