[XeTeX] (small) problem with vectors

Sven Willert (Arndt) swillert at geophysik.uni-kiel.de
Sat Dec 13 18:29:17 CET 2008

Hi,

I've found a small problem. Using xelatex and unicode-math (which I
know is beta) something like

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[]{fontspec}
\usepackage[math-style=tex]{unicode-math}
\begin{document}
	$\vec{a}^{i,j}_k$
\end{document}

leads to a strange result. The arrow of the vector is not
centered above the vector (a in the example) but centered
above the whole construct.

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[]{fontspec}
\begin{document}
	$\vec{a}^{i,j}_k$
\end{document}

Runs perfectly.

Is there an easy way to work around it?

I want to hand in my ph.d. thesis on tuesday and can't just forget
about unicode-math because that would mean to much work. It's great,
though!

I could life with using construct like "{\overrightarrow{r }}^{\delta
p}_i(t)". That concrete construct, however, is not beautiful because
the arrow is way to large but much better because it's centered above
the vector....

Best regards,
Sven
-
Sven Willert (Arndt)
Institut für Geowisenschaften (Geophysik)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Otto-Hahn-Platz , 24118 Kiel, Germany
phone:  +49 431 880-3911
fax:  +49 431 880-4432