[XeTeX] XeLaTex and bibliography

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon Dec 1 13:17:58 CET 2008

Am Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:36:21 +0300 schrieb Igor Shenderovich:

> I have a such test example:
>
> \documentclass[11pt]{article}
> \usepackage[a4paper]{geometry}
> \usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec}
> \usepackage{xunicode}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \setromanfont{Charis SIL}
> \usepackage[russian]{babel}
> \bibliographystyle{hieeetr}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> As far as we know, such theories do not exist \cite{Maldacena1997}.
>
> \bibliography{test}
> \end{document}.
>
> Error message in log:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \refname ->{\cyr \CYRS
>                        \cyrp \cyri \cyrs \cyro \cyrk \ \cyrl \cyri \cyrt \cy...
> l.1 \begin{thebibliography}{1}

For russian babel switch to fonts encoded in "LaTeX" style. This doesn't
work well with xetex as it use unicode. You could try to load the
encodings before you load fontspec:

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[<whatever encodings you need normaly for russian>]{fontenc}
\usepackage[russian]{babel}
\usepackage{xtlxtra} %will load fontspec and xunicode

But the best is probably to switch to polyglossia instead of babel.

--
Ulrike Fischer