[XeTeX] placing and colouring a graphic

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Aug 22 15:39:16 CEST 2008

On Aug 22, 2008, at 8:16 AM, Vasile Gaburici wrote:

> IMHO, the best way to create pdfs with tiff 1-bit images (scans
> mostly) is ImageMagick. Try
>
> $ convert myimage.tif +matte -monochrome -compress fax myimage.pdf
>
> After that you can inlcude the pdf page in some other document. Note
> that ImageMagick can also convert multi-image tiffs to multi-page
> pdfs.

I don't need to create them, I need to colour placed .tifs.

On Aug 22, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> And I just
> tried it with xdv2pdf: a TIF file from a monochrome PBM file from GNU
> Emacs, converted with convert, could be included. So it works with
> "xdv2pdf and Apple's pdf rendering technology."

That's good to know.

Did you try changing the colour of it as it was placed?

Would you share your minimal example?

Thus far I have:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[xetex]{color}
\usepackage[xetex]{graphicx}

\newcommand{\maskcolour}{\special{color cmyk .3 .0 0.04 0}}
\begin{document}
\maskcolour
\includegraphics{ADA006-LVL1-MA-BL.TIF}
\end{document}