[XeTeX] OT: CLI tool to query a font for designer, trademark and other information

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Apr 19 15:34:20 CEST 2007

On 19 Apr 2007, at 2:16 pm, William Adams wrote:

> Except that what I want to do is typeset a bunch of font samples
> automatically --- being able to directly place version info from a
> font would be kind of handy for later reference too, but I understand
> that this is a kind of bizarre and really specialized feature.
>
> I'll shelve the idea of doing it automagically for now and just
> handle it manually.

Yes, I realize what you're trying to do. But the way I'd approach it
would be to write a little script that uses a tool like ttx or
ftxdumperfuser or Font::TTF (Perl module) to collect the relevant
info, and generates the TeX input required. So the xetex run would be
one step of a "batch" process used to create the complete sample.