[XeTeX] Transparent font color with xdvipdfmx (was: PDF file info)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:31:42 CEST 2007

On 4/17/07, caapv 208 wrote:

> Indeed the pgf/TikZ package provide a high level interface
> for plain TeX, LaTeX and ConTeXt of trancparency.
> For LaTeX,
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \newcommand{\pgfsysdriver}{pgfsys-dvipdfm.def}

Just as a side note: I have never checked if it works with LaTeX, but
the latest version of TikZ (perhaps the one still in cvs, the one in
TL2007 might be too old) should recognize XeTeX and add this line
automatically.

So theoretically you don't/won't need to specify
    \newcommand{\pgfsysdriver}{pgfsys-dvipdfm.def}
any more.

> \usepackage{tikz}
> [...]
> \tikz[baseline=X.base]
>  \node[inner sep=0mm,fill opacity=0.4] (X) {text};
>
> BTW, what is the size limit of attachment in this list?
> The sample PDF I once mentioned is nearly 1 MB now.

1MB is certainly too big for the mailing list, but you can provide
minimal examples ...
Why don't you upload the file somewhere and refer to its (temporary) url?

Mojca