[Tugindia] Mar24 news: TUG'24 et al., TeX Live, DVD, TUGboat

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Mon Mar 4 07:11:11 CET 2024

Subject: 	 Mar24 news: TUG'24 et al., TeX Live, DVD, TUGboat
Date: 	 Sat, 2 Mar 2024 02:45:10 +0100
From: 	 TeX Users Group <tug-news at tug.org>

Information for the TUG 2024 conference in Prague, July 19-21,
is posted now at https://tug.org/tug2024. Basics:

https://tug.org/tug2024/cfp.html -- call for papers, deadline April 12.
https://tug.org/tug2024/register.html -- registration, early bird April 15.

The conference will take place at the Hotel Grandior; only a few rooms
are available there, and they are relatively expensive. Two neighboring
hotels also have reserved rooms for our conference, at lower prices.
Deadline is April 14. Info: https://tug.org/tug2024/#hotel

There will be a LaTeX developers' workshop on July 18; the topics will
be around tagged and accessible PDF, as with last year. The LaTeXers
will attempt to adjust details according to requests; please submit
feedback on the registration form.

You can email tug2024 at tug.org for any and all questions and comments
regarding the conference.

Other notable upcoming meetings:
- BachoTeX, Bachotek, Poland, May 1-5.
https://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2024-en

- GuIT, Brescia, Italy, May 4.
https://www.guitex.org/home/en/meeting

- ConTeXt, Lutten/Hardenberg, The Netherlands, August 17-23.
https://meeting.contextgarden.net/2024/

TeX Live: we are currently in the pretest phase for TL'24. If you
have time and interest, please give it a try. By default, it is installed
completely separately from any other TeX installation on a given system.
https://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html

As previously announced, the TeX Collection DVD will not be distributed
as a TUG membership benefit this year, due to minimal demand. We are
coordinating volunteers to burn and mail DVDs to those who still need it.
If you would like to volunteer to provide the DVD, *or* if you know you
will need the DVD (and haven't already written), please write
texdvd at tug.org so we can get a sense of what is needed. More info:
https://tug.org/texcollection

Finally, a reminder about the deadline for submissions for the next
issue of TUGboat: March 24. There is still room!
https://tug.org/TUGboat/location.html

Happy TeXing!
Karl Berry, on behalf of the TUG Board