[Tugindia] XeLaTeX Malayalam typing

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 08:34:10 CEST 2017

Hi,

--- On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 10:01 PM, S.V. Sreejan <svsreejan at gmail.com> wrote:
| I wish to typeset Malayalam using XeLaTeX. But I can't produce the CHILLU
| LETTERS and the letter ZH (The second letter of the word KOZHIKODE).
| Somebody let me know the characters to be typed to get the above. I am
| using Emacs editor.
\--

You can define your own Quail keyboard layout and use it in Emacs. See
my tamil-dvorak.el for an example:

  https://github.com/shakthimaan/cask-dot-emacs/blob/master/lib/tamil-dvorak.el

This file gets loaded when I start GNU Emacs:

  (load-dotfile "lib/tamil-dvorak.el")

You can create one for Malayalam based on the layout you use? I use
the two Control keys to switch between layouts:

  $ setxkbmap us,in dvorak,tam_unicode grp:ctrls_toggle

I have ttf-dejavu fonts installed on Parabola GNU/Linux-libre.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com