[Tugindia] Spoken Tutorial receives awards

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Sat Jan 9 01:04:47 CET 2016

Dear All,

I am happy to inform you that our Spoken Tutorial efforts have been
recognised globally and locally:

 1. Google MOOCs Research Award
 2. Reimagine Education Award, Co-sponsored by the Wharton School
 3. Nomination for the "HT for Mumbai" by Hindustan Times

For details, please visit http://spoken-tutorial.org.  Although the
third one is local, it is possibly bigger, as Mumbai has 22 million people!

Training on C programming is the most popular, with more than 200,000
people (mainly college students), trained, using GCC, during the past
four years, done free of cost.

I am also happy to inform you that we have trained 57,000 people (mainly
college teachers) on LaTeX.  Out of this, about 5,000 people are
learning LaTeX through dedicated lab hours, for an entire semester, with
exclusively ear-marked LaTeX lab hours.  For details, please visit the
above web site and go to statistics > training, choose LaTeX in FOSS,
play around with Type, and then choose Filter.

Kannan