[Tugindia] Problem with Malayalam Omega

Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 10:24:35 CET 2014

I am trying to compile a document in Malayalam using lamed. When I do the
compilation, I get the error:
LaTeX Font Warning: Some font shapes were not available, defaults
substituted.

The document compiles, but when I do dvipdf later, it runs into trouble
saying:
Syntax Warning: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)
Syntax Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Syntax Error: Couldn't read xref table

The last two statements are repeated several times. I have no idea what the
problem is. I was using Omega earlier without problems, but have now moved
mostly to xelatex. The one I am trying to compile using omega is one that I
had started writing before I shifted to xelatex.

Any help in locating and solving the problem would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Sasi

--
V. Sasi Kumar