[Tugindia] 40,000 people trained on LaTeX

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Thu Dec 11 09:01:58 CET 2014

Dear All,

I am happy to inform you that through Spoken Tutorial based SELF
workshops, we have provided LaTeX training to more than 40,000 students
and teachers in many colleges across India.  This has been achieved
through about 1,000 workshops.

The details of the above are available at
http://spoken-tutorial.org/statistics/training/?event_type=0&academic__state=&academic__city=&academic__institution_type=&training_type=&foss=14&tdate_0=2011-01-01&tdate_1=2014-12-11.
Through this link, you can identify the workshops that have taken place
in your state, city, college and so on, including the names of local
workshop organisers.  It is interesting that 50% of this training has
taken place in this year alone.

We have received some testimonials on the efficacy of this approach: In
http://spoken-tutorial.org/testimonials/, Prof. Chitra Desai says that
she now uses LaTeX for everything, including writing letters, IEEE
papers, and so on.  We have also heard of some colleges making LaTeX
mandatory for their thesis writing, after undergoing our training.

Regards,
Kannan