[Tugindia] Using pdfcomment to create pdftooltip

Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 18:19:27 CET 2013

Friends,

I am trying to create tooltips in a document to show footnotes instead of
listing them at the end. I tried out an example shown in the website:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/34698/strange-appearance-of-tooltips-produced-by-pdfcomment.
Wle compiling, it compains that \pdftooltip is an unknown command. Could it
be because my tex installation is slightly old? Maybe, I will have to
reindstall the pdfcomment package with the latest?

Giving the document below:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pdfcomment}

\newcommand\MyShortCut[3]{\newcommand{#1}{\pdftooltip{#2}{#3}}}

\MyShortCut{\textthing}{tooltip here}{just an example}
\MyShortCut{\Td}{\tau_\textrm{d}}{reptation time}
\MyShortCut{\Tr}{\tau_\textrm{R}}{Rouse time}

\begin{document}
Use pdflatex to compile, then open in Acrobat Reader and
put the mouse pointer above $\tau$'s

\[
\Td = 3 Z \Tr
\]