[Tugindia] XeLaTeX Resolution for pdf

Vanchinathan P vanchinathan.p at vit.ac.in
Fri Mar 8 14:27:11 CET 2013

Dear Friends,

I am using XeLaTex which seems  very convenient for my book with both Tamil
and Mathematics. I need to produce high quality camera-ready copy.

1. What should I do to ensure high resolution, say 1200dpi, in that pdf
file? (or is it unnecessary?).

2.   Is there an easy way to  generate/split  output into multiple pdf
say with 50 pages per file.  (I do not want to compile each chapter
as a separate file. It may upset  certain global aspects, such as index
etc).

(Both  these I know  how to accomplish when I used to create postscript
output using dvips from dvi. But I am new to XeLaTeX).

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
--Vanchinathan