[Tugindia] June 2013 TUG news: conferences, TeX Live, TUGboat

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Jun 11 05:19:46 CEST 2013

From: TeX Users Group <tug-news at tug.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Dear TeX users,

It's been nearly a month since I last wrote you, and there is a deadline
approaching as I write this. You may well say that since the deadline in
question is a month away, I'm jumping the gun, but I can assure you, a
month can pass by quite quickly.

The deadline for discounted registration, presentation proposals, and
bursary funding for the upcoming TUG 2013 conference is July 15. The
conference will be held at the University of Tokyo, Komaba, Tokyo, Japan
from October 23--26. For more information, see http://www.tug.org/tug2013/.

Other news:

* Also this fall is the 7th ConTeXt Meeting and TeXperience 2013:
   Brejlov, Czech Republic, Sept. 23-29, 2013.
   http://meeting.contextgarden.net

* TeX Live 2013 is frozen, and testing is nearly complete. We expect the
   disks to go to manufacturing very shortly.
   http://tug.org/texlive/

* The deadline for the next issue of TUGboat is July 8. As usual, articles,
   notes, and musings on any topic related to TeX and friends is welcomed.
   http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/

Happy TeXing!

Steve Peter
TUG President