[Tugindia] (no subject)

Umesh Mohan mohan.umesh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:25:08 CET 2013

Okay. The problem is with the "\begin{center} \end{center}" surrounding the
"\author".
\author is not typeset. It is invoked only when you say "\maketitle" so
essentially the center environment has nothing to display. Also by default,
"\maketitle" clears a page before typesetting the title page. This causes
your blank-page--title-page scenario.

Just remove the "\begin{center} \end{center}" around the author and you
should be fine.

Hope that helped.
Happy TeXing :)

On 8 February 2013 13:15, Ashok Kumar Singh <kumar_ashoksingh at rediffmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear Umesh,
>
> So here it is.
> Thanks
>
> \documentclass[]{article}
> %\usepackage[left=2cm,right=2cm]{geometry}
> \usepackage[left=2cm,right=2cm,nohead,nofoot]{geometry}
> \usepackage{amsmath}
> \usepackage{amssymb}
> \usepackage{amsthm}
> \newtheorem{theorem}{Theorem}
> \newtheorem{definition}{Definition}
> \newtheorem{lemma}{Lemma}
> \newtheorem{proposition}{Proposition}
> \newtheorem{corollary}{Corollary}
>
> \begin{document}
> \begin{center}
> \author{
> Ashok Kumar Singh,
> Dr. Hemant Bhate\\
> Department of Mathematics\\
> University of Pune\\
> }
> \end{center}
> \date{\today}
> \title{Minimizers of An Uncertainty Principle}
> \maketitle
>
> %Abstract
>
>         \begin{abstract}
>                 In this paper we find minimizers of an uncertainty
> principle in two dimensions. The class of solutions generalizes those given
> by S Dahlke and P Maass. In their paper [1] they have interpreted the
> Mexican hat function as a minimizer of an uncertainty principle. Our
> solution includes the Mexican hat as a special case.
>                 \end{abstract}
> \end{document}
>
> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:49:54 +0530  wrote
> >Ummmm, did you forget attach the file? I am not sure if the mailing list
>
> allows attachment.
>
> You could copy paste the code into the email...
>

> On 7 February 2013 15:14, Ashok Kumar Singh  wrote:
>

> > Dear Umesh,
>
> > Here is the MWE. File: TroubleShoot.tex attached.
>
> > Thanks
>

> > On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 11:36:35 +0530 wrote
>
> > >Dear Ashok,
>

> > Could you send a MWE (Minimum Working Example) of the code you are using?
>

> > It is almost impossible to pin point a problem without having this.
>

> > Best,
>

> > Umesh Mohan
>

> > Research Scholar, Insect Flight Lab (Lab-6),
>

> > National Centre for Biological Sciences,
>

> > Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
>

> > GKVK, Bellary Road,
>

> > Bangalore-560065, India.
>

> > On 7 February 2013 10:36, Ashok Kumar Singh wrote:
>

> > > The latex output begins on page 2, page 1 remaining blank. How can I
> make
>

> > > the out put begin from page 1?
>

> > > Ashok Kumar Singh

> > > Home:  http://www.tug.org.in/
>

> > > TeX FAQ:  http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq

> > --

> > Home:  http://www.tug.org.in/
>

> > TeX FAQ:  http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq

> --
>
> Umesh Mohan,
>
> Research Scholar, Insect Flight Lab (Lab-6),

> [...]

உமேஷ் மோகன்
http://bit.ly/umeshmohan