[Tugindia] Shuffling options (choices) in a multiple choice question paper using examdesign class

Harish Kumar Holla harishkumarholla at pec.edu
Mon Apr 29 15:06:03 CEST 2013

I don't think you can do it with examdesign. You may try eqexam or exsheets
packages. An example with eqexam follows:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[allowrandomize]{eqexam}%

\begin{document}

\begin{exam}{Exam1}
\begin{problem}
In what year did Columbus sail the ocean blue?
\begin{answers}{2}
    \bChoices[random]
    \Ans0 1st random choice\eAns
    \Ans1\label{eq} 2nd (the correct) random choice\eAns
    \Ans0 3rd random choice\eAns
    \Ans0 4th random choice\eAns
    \Ans0 5th random chioce\eAns
    \eFreeze
    \Ans0 None of these\eAns
    \eChoices
\end{answers}
\end{problem}
\end{exam}

\end{document}

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Naren Bharatwaj
<naren.bharatwaj at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I've been using the examdesign class in LaTeX. Although I am able to create
> different sets (same questions in a different order) in a fully multiple
> choice question paper, I am unable to shuffle the options (choices). Has
> anyone tried this? I was unable to find any solution on the internet. Any
> help in this regard would be highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Naren Bharatwaj

--with regards

Dr. Harish Kumar