[Tugindia] Figure float problem

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Wed Sep 5 16:56:13 CEST 2012

Radhakrishnan CV wrote:
>    - You might reposition your floats in your document and try.
>    - You may use specifiers like [h] as an option to your \begin{figure}
>    command. This will try to typeset your figure in that location if
>    sufficient space is available.
>    - You may try to use packages like float.sty that will provide more
>    hooks to control your floats.
>    - And finally, please help others who want to help you by following list
>    guidelines properly (at least start a new post with proper subject line).

Another option is to play with the fractions.  In my digital control
book, I had lots of figures, which resulted in quite a bit of blank
space.  To make the book as compact as possible, I gave the following
commands:

\renewcommand{\topfraction}{1.0}
\renewcommand{\bottomfraction}{1.0}
\renewcommand{\textfraction}{0}
\renewcommand{\floatpagefraction}{1.0}

Obviously, I was modifying the default behaviour, as felt correct by
LaTeX.  Even though this modification was an extreme step, it did not
affect the readability at all.  Moreover, the publisher John Wiley &
Sons did not have any complaints - they used the same manuscript as the
camera ready copy.

Regards,

Kannan

--
Bridging digital divide through FOSS and helping migration to Scilab from Matlab
http://spoken-tutorial.org/CSI.pdf