[Tugindia] Portability to pagemaker??

giri giri at leos.gov.in
Wed Sep 5 10:56:20 CEST 2012

Dear friends,
We were recently asked to submit an technical paper to a journal
published by a national level research society. Our paper was selected
from those presented at an International  conference organized  in
January by the same society. The publishers, in their "Instructions to
Authors" had mentioned that Latex documents would be accepted and I was
asked to submit the manuscript IEEE Latex format. The latex processing
and pdf output of document had no problems. The paper was recommended
for publication by the reviewers. The editor then informed me in  the
last minute their type setter is unable to "port the document in
pagemaker" and that I have to submit an MS word version of the article.
I was not told what the exact problem was. I not familiar with the
pagemaker software. Our paper has several mathematical equations and I
am not sure how to convert it into MS word!? It is a 11 page paper with
several citations and  cross references to figures and tables.
'Converting' all that into MS word would be a pointless exercise.

I was really looking forward to seeing our work published. I was
wondering if other people on this list have faced the Latex portability
to pagemaker problem.  The last resort is to withdraw the paper. I have
been advised to use more "universal software" such as MS word!!

Any tips from list members that I can offer the typesetter to port the
Latex article to pagemaker would be much appreciated.

Thanking you.

Sincerely,
Giridhar

--
M. S. Giridhar
Thinfilms and Microsensors Group

Phone:2839 2294, 2839 2291 ext 2212,2201

This mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. LEOS has taken every reasonable precaution to remove any viruses however you should also carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment.