[Tugindia] Problem with Malayalam Omega

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Sep 5 10:40:06 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM, V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 12:28 +0530, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:
>

> > Seems like you have not updated your font maps properly after
> > installing Malayalam Omega.  Usually, the installation script does the
> > job. Anyway, you can update:
> >
> >   sudo updmap-sys --enable Map malayalam.map
> >
> > Whatever the case, the contents of malayalam.map shall get into
> > psfonts.map so that dvips knows the postscript (*.pfb) font file names
> > for each *.tfm used by TeX.
> >
> > You can also try with the command:
> >
> >   dvips -u malayalam.map <your_file> -o
> >
> > In this case, malayalam.map shall be either visible to dvips or shall
> > be in the working directory. If you have still problems, please get
> > back.
>
> Thank you so much, dear CVR. updmap didn't help. So, I then did the
> second command and got the .ps file, which I converted into pdf without
> problems.

Can you please send me your psfonts.map. If it is your stock TeX
installation from the OS repositories, the location shall be something like:

/usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map
/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map

Need to have a look at it why you could not update your map.

Best