[Tugindia] Problem with Malayalam Omega

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Sep 5 08:58:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM, V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using Malayalam Omega for quite some time under various
> distributions of GNU/Linux. But now, after I installed
> linuxmint-13-mate, and reinstalled malayalam-omega-1.0.2, I am getting
> errors while doing dvipdf, that fonts are not found. The error
> statements I get are as follows:
>
> dvips: Font mlr1b at 13824 not found; scaling 600 instead.

[. . .]

This is the first time I am getting such errors and the pdf file
> generated turns out to be empty.

Seems like you have not updated your font maps properly after installing
Malayalam Omega.  Usually, the installation script does the job. Anyway,
you can update:

  sudo updmap-sys --enable Map malayalam.map

Whatever the case, the contents of malayalam.map shall get into psfonts.map
so that dvips knows the postscript (*.pfb) font file names for each *.tfm
used by TeX.

You can also try with the command:

  dvips -u malayalam.map <your_file> -o

In this case, malayalam.map shall be either visible to dvips or shall be in
the working directory. If you have still problems, please get back.

Best