[Tugindia] Problem with Malayalam Omega

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:32:32 CEST 2012

I have been using Malayalam Omega for quite some time under various
distributions of GNU/Linux. But now, after I installed
linuxmint-13-mate, and reinstalled malayalam-omega-1.0.2, I am getting
errors while doing dvipdf, that fonts are not found. The error
statements I get are as follows:

dvips: Font mlr1b at 13824 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Such scaling will generate extremely poor output.
dvips: Font mlr3b at 13824 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr6b not found,  using cmr10 instead.
dvips: Checksum mismatch in font mlr6b
dvips: Font mlr4b at 13824 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr4b at 13824 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
dvips: 1 characters have 0 escapements but non-trivial TFM widths.
dvips: I'm stumbling along as best I can, but I recommend regenerating
dvips: these fonts; the problem is probably that they are non-CM fonts
dvips: (such as circle10 or line10) created with a MF with the CM base
dvips: preloaded .

This is the first time I am getting such errors and the pdf file
generated turns out to be empty.

Any guidance in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Sasi
--
V. Sasi Kumar