[Tugindia] Control figure dimensions with \input{myfile.pgf}

Harish Kumar Holla harishkumarholla at pec.edu
Tue Oct 4 07:34:25 CEST 2011

Xelatex is great in giving full freedom with fonts. Neverthless I have a
query with the experts.
%=========================================
 It seems the xelatex will not accept figures in .pdf format. Also, there is
mismatch in fonts of figures and rest of the document,  if I include figures
as .png file. So I am planning to put .pgf/.tikz files directly as
\input{myfigure.tikz} . This is the trouble for me. I do not know how to
control the dimensions of the figure in this case. If I use
\begin{figure}[h]
\centerline{\includegraphics[*width=0.575\textwidth*
]{wavemechanics-fig/Figures/gammaraymicroscope.pdf}}
\caption{$\gamma-$ ray microscope} \label{fig:gammaraymicroscope}
\end{figure}
it is fine. But that won't do the job for \input{gammaraymicroscope.pgf}.
\begin{figure}[h]
\centerline{\input{wavemechanics-fig/Figures/gammaraymicroscope.pdf}}
\caption{$\gamma-$ ray microscope} \label{fig:gammaraymicroscope}
\end{figure}
My question is:
How to specify dimensions of the figure in this case. Please help me.

--

--with regards

Dr. Harish Kumar
Dept. of Physics