[Tugindia] psframe: Transparent frame without border

H.S.Rai hsrai at gmx.net
Sat May 14 03:24:28 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 4:56 AM, Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 8:46 PM, H.S.Rai <hsrai at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Is it so difficult / impossible?

Thank you Sir, for your response.

>>> I wanted to have a frame (using psframe), which is transparent and
>>> without border.
>
> I am not sure, if I have understood your problem. Here is what I would
> have preferred to do:

The output as per code suggested is:

http://202.164.53.116/~hsrai/Souvenir/Test/transparent.pdf

In this case, there is red border. Which I don't want.

I have logo as watermark, which I want to show behind text in psframe.
Which I am able to show when border is displayed.  When border is
removed, transparency of psframe goes, the logo is blocked. If I keep
border around, it looks very odd as per my requirement, so not
acceptable.

As told earlier, the 3rd frame in
http://202.164.53.116/~hsrai/tmp/ikram1.pdf is close to my
requirement. Further I improved it by making linetype dotted, but I
don't consider this as good solution.

The colour contrast is shown in example for clarity, otherwise in my
case colour is white and very light grey (as usual in case of
watermark).

Thanks once again for your time and helping hand.

With regards,

--
H.S.Rai