[Tugindia] tex4ht: header,footer and hfill,vfill

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Jun 30 12:58:50 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Josy P. Pullockara
<josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> How to configure tex4ht.cfg file for the following as shown below to
>
> 1.
> print headers and footers provided in the latex file (myheadings:
> \markboth{}{}, scrheadings:\ifoot[]{} etc...).
>
> 2.
> take care of \vfill and \hfill.
>
> while printing the HTML!? They seem to be ignored currently (for the
> default settings of tex4ht) as they do not make sense in HTML web
> rendering rightly.

[...]

You might redefine any TeX/LaTeX command in your custom *.cfg file so
as to expand/convert them into the requisite HTML elements or
attributes or css entries, etc with necessary data. This will not
interfere with your document when you want to generate PDF output from
your sources, instead, it will get executed only when you apply any
one of the tex4ht scripts on your document.

I am not sure about how the \markboth{}{} or some such commands and
its arguments should appear in your HTML document, if not, I could
have provided an example. If you can provide a code snippet in HTML
format for any one of the above stuff, please send me privately, I can
help you with configuring tex4ht.

By the way, I think, the following URL might be a bit helpful to
configure tex4ht:

  http://www.cvr.cc/tex/tex4ht/

which I started writing a few months ago, but could not continue for
various preoccupations. It might be a starting point in your journey
through tex4ht.

Best regards