[Tugindia] Table spanings in two column mode

Jagath AR jagathar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 21:10:36 CEST 2011

On 25 July 2011 20:45, Suresh Avvarulakshmi, Integra-PDY, IN <
suresh.avvarulakshmi at integra.co.in> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have used longtable.sty and it shows an error in two column mode. Is
> there any package to span the tables in two columns mode?

Hi,
Interesting! But, I don't know about such a style file. Here is a possible
way to achieve it through revtex4 class file.

An example:

\documentclass{revtex4-1}

\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{lipsum}

\begin{document}
\twocolumngrid
\lipsum[1-10]
\onecolumngrid
\newcounter{a}

\begin{longtable}{llll}
\stepcounter{a}\thea&b&c&d\\
%...
%...
%...
\stepcounter{a}\thea&b&c&d\\
\end{longtable}

\twocolumngrid

\lipsum[1-10]
\end{document}

If you are searching for a style file then, ltxgrid.sty which is a
standalone package in the revtex bundle might help you. But I am not sure.
--
Regards

Jagath AR
jagathar at gmail.com