[Tugindia] pdfrack

Raj Kombiyil rkombiyil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 07:24:11 CET 2011

> > However, doing pdfrack.sh  filename.tex  gives me the following error :
> >  pdfrack.sh: command not found

This is because you need to chmod the file like this (from the bash shell or
whatever shell you use)
$chmod +x pdfrack.sh
then do:
$./pdfrack.sh
OR just do
$sh pdfrack.sh

Second error you report looks like a path problem. I am guessing you copied
these into a different working directory and hence they are  not found. Pls
follow the previous posters suggestion for a local texmf directory. In any
case, pls choose what works for your need.

Pls keep in mind good practices while posting. As much as possible, provide
"code snippet/terminal output" as is. Pls avoid writing like this:

> > When I did pdflatex filename.tex I got :
> > ! LaTeX Error: File `/home/ashag/Desktop/passivedendritcorr/pdfrack.sty'
> > not
> > fo
> > und.
> >
> > Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
> > or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

just cut and paste the terminal output and attach as a text file (if it is
somewhat big) or paste here itself (if it is SMALL), so others can see what
you did. No need to explain, I am sure many here are well versed in *nix !
And finally, if you need to write something personally, you may want to keep
it off the list. Pls checkout the following URL. May be helpful -

Cheers,
/rk

--
We want to know in order to make ourselves free. That is our life: one
universal cry for freedom. - Swami Vivekananda