[Tugindia] pdfrack

Raj Kombiyil rkombiyil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 06:54:07 CET 2011

Well, I was following this thread. No offense meant - but the way you have
posed the questions show a definite lack of understanding of how these
things work, be it unpacking a tarball/how to run a shell script/the way you
describe the problem. Knowing/being ignorant about psfrag and being able to
find your way around comfortably doing these small things are entirely
different issues. I admire the patience and the extreme willingness to help
shown by Sir CV :)
Have a good day,
--R

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Asha G <dendron.15 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As you are based in Trivandrum, I can bring the stuff around for a tutorial
> on fixing things. That might be more useful for me than your fixing it and
> sending it to me.
> I also have many other questions - that could be cleared too.
> If you can give me a convenient date and time, I can come with my laptop.
> BTW, I did not have any problems with psfrag - so it could not be a
> question
> of my lack of  knowledge of operating systems and the like.
> Regards,
> Asha Gopinathan
>
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM, CV Radhakrishnan <cvr at river-valley.com
> >wrote:
>
> > On 12/01/11 9:26 AM, Asha G wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > However, doing pdfrack.sh  filename.tex  gives me the following error :
> > >  pdfrack.sh: command not found
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > If you can trust me, you may kindly send me your LaTeX source document
> > and figures off the list. Even if you don't trust me, I won't be hurt
> > as I respect the sensitivity of an unpublished research article/data.
> > In that case, I need a minimal test file with a figure without which I
> > may not be able to help you.
> >
> > I'm afraid, you do not seem to know certain operating system basics.
> > It is difficult to tell all those through a mail and even if I try
> > hard, it is likely to fail at your end.
> >
> > I can make your document OK and will send you an archive that will
> > work out of the box in your system. With the changes in place and
> > after evaluating those changes, you will know how to do things in future.
> >
> > Best
> > --
> > Radhakrishnan
> >
> > Writings prepared without understanding must fail in the
> > first objective of communication -- informing the uninformed.

We want to know in order to make ourselves free. That is our life: one
universal cry for freedom. - Swami Vivekananda