[Tugindia] Exception dictionary -- TeX capacity exceeded

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Apr 7 08:31:21 CEST 2011

On 04/07/2011 10:12 AM, Suresh Avvarulakshmi, Integra-PDY, IN wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> For a particular language, we have updated hyphenation patterns
> manually using the command \hyphenation{xxx-xx xxxx-xxx-xx .....}. It
> has exceeded the count of 8191 and results an compilation error as
> follows:
>
> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [exception dictionary=8191].
>
> Any suggestions, to increase the "exception dictionary count more
> than 8191" or "to load the hyphenation pattern as provided in the
> applications (nearly 5,04,855 word patterns as per a Customer
> dictionary)"?

You might change the values for 'hyph_size' to higher values. The
default is 8191 which you can increase to higher values, but should be
less than 32676.

You may open the texmf.cnf in a text editor, change the values of
'hyph_size' and recreate your formats afresh. That is all you need to do.

> Advance Thanks, Suresh Note: Effective immediately my email address
> has changed to suresh.avvarulakshmi at integra.co.in;  kindly update
> your address book to reflect this change.  Thank you.
>
> This email and any accompanying attachments is for the sole use of
> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution,
> or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
> recipient of this communication or received the email by mistake,
> please notify the sender and destroy all copies. Integra Software
> Services Pvt Ltd. reserves the right, subject to applicable local
> law, to monitor and review the content of any electronic message or
> information sent to or from its company allotted employee email
> address/ID without informing the sender or recipient of the message.

It will be so kind of you if you can remove the above disclaimer from
your list mails as it is sickening to see it every time. If it is beyond
your control, please use an alternate email which does not have it.

Best regards