[Tugindia] [OffTopic] format for Off Set printer

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sun Oct 24 09:33:10 CEST 2010

On 23-Oct-2010, at 4:14 PM, Sridhar M.A. wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM, H.S.Rai <hsrai at gmx.net> wrote:

[...]

>> Can be process a pdf file. If I have generated PDF file with normal,
>> then how to convert it in mirrored.
>>
> Have not seen, but pdftk might help you there.

\usepackage[mirror]{crop}

can create mirrored pdf with pdfLaTeX.

>> Mine has colour graphics. I would like to know FOSS tools to do it
>> (CMYK separated pages).

GIMP has a plugin available at:

  http://cue.yellowmagic.info/softwares/separate-plus/index.html

But not sure, how far it can help you. I think, you need proprietary software to make color separation.

> Just had a talk with my printer friend. He says, a pdf file is more
> than sufficient :-)

That is true. I have no problems with the print shops here in Trivandrum, they can happily accept PDF.

Best regards