[Tugindia] Doubts on Theorems and Lemmas

ramki at ee.iitkgp.ernet.in ramki at ee.iitkgp.ernet.in
Wed Nov 10 12:12:58 CET 2010

Dear all,
 	Greetings. I am writing a small paper containing few theorems and lemmas in LaTex. I have declared my document class as ‘article’. I want my theorems and lemmas to appear in this format: Theorem 1.1, if it appears as first theorem in first section of the paper, Lemma 3.2 if it is the second lemma in third section of the paper and so on while using the conventional \begin....\end format. But since the document class is declared as ‘article’, I am not getting in the format I require. Lemmas and Theorem appear as Lemma 1, Lemma 2…, Theorem 1, Theorem 2 etc. irrespective of the section information. Can some one sort me out?
With cordial regards,
Ramki
IIT Kharagpur