[Tugindia] OTF fonts calling in LaTeX

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Wed May 26 08:16:57 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Shashi Kumar <
shashi.kumar at glyphinternational.com> wrote:

> Dear Radhakrishnan,
>
> Is there any documentation available for its implementation? please advise.
>
> Best,
>
> Shashi
>
> From: Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:16:19 +0530
> To: Sangeetha Arul <sangee.am at gmail.com>
> Cc: <tugindia at tug.org>
> Subject: Re: [Tugindia] OTF fonts calling in LaTeX
>
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Sangeetha Arul <sangee.am at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Can we load OTF format font files directly into MikTeX.
>
> If your TeX installation has XeTeX, you can make use of OTF.
>
> > Can anybody help me?
>
> Cross posting without enough reason is not appreciated by people.
>
> Best
> --
> Radhakrishnan
>
> -
> Disclaimer And Confidentiality Notice- This e-mail transmission and any
> attached
> documents, files, or previous e- mail messages attached to it, may contain
> information that is confidential. It is for the use of the intended
> recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you must not use, disclose, or distribute this e-mail without
> the
> senders prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
> transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own
> virus
> checks on any attachment to this message. We do not accept liability for
> any
> loss or damage caused by software viruses.
>

> -
> Disclaimer And Confidentiality Notice- This e-mail transmission and any
> attached
> documents, files, or previous e- mail messages attached to it, may contain
> information that is confidential. It is for the use of the intended
> recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you must not use, disclose, or distribute this e-mail without
> the
> senders prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
> transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own
> virus
> checks on any attachment to this message. We do not accept liability for
> any
> loss or damage caused by software viruses.

The following document is available.
http://xml.web.cern.ch/XML/lgc2/xetexmain.pdf
Some references are in
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2009-May/020897.html
I also learnt the rudiments from the documentation of fontspec.
There are a few rererences in
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2009-May/020897.html
There is a mailing list which is very active.
Best,
S. Venkataraman