[Tugindia] OTF fonts calling in LaTeX

P. P. Narayanaswami swami at mun.ca
Tue May 25 15:35:39 CEST 2010

The Xetex website (scripts.sil.org/xetex)  has some simple illustrations, and
the fontspec (we load this package in XeLaTeX) manual also has some
minimal examples.  Other than thes, I have bnot sewen any detailed
documentartion. Here is a minimal input file fo typing Malayalam in XeLaTeX.
By default, xelated generates a PDF (assuming you have Rachana fonts
installed in your operating system Win/Linux/Mac)

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\def\mal{\fontspec[Script=Malayalam]{Rachana}}
\mal
മാവേലി നാട്‌
വാണീടും
കാലം\\