[Tugindia] lambda not found

P. P. Narayanaswami swami at mun.ca
Mon May 24 17:02:02 CEST 2010

I too had similar problem when I  moved to Ubuntu 10.04.  However,
instead of "lambda"  if I issue the command "lamed" (perhaps a command
used in the Aleph package instead of the Omega/Lambda) it creates the dvi file;
again, '"odvips" does not work, but just "dvips" works and gets
the .ps file.  So the procedure is
      lamed file.tex
      dvips file.dvi -o file.ps
      ps2pdf file.ps
The Malayalam/Tamil omega package by A J Alex mentions about "lamed" command.
Narayanaswami