[Tugindia] Conversion of latex manuscript in page maker-regarding

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at cvr.cc
Sat Mar 20 07:39:57 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Surja Pandit <surjap at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kindly help me by suggesting the ways and means as how to convert manuscript
> typed in latex in page maker  for the publisher.The publisher is not able to
> convert the pdf file in the page maker. Is there any  method to do it.

Why do you want pagemaker to type a TeX document?  What you need is a
text editor in which you input your textual data marked up in LaTeX
and save the file as <filename.tex>.  Open a command shell or terminal
window and issue the command:

 pdflatex <filename>

That is all you need to do,   the output will be filename.pdf which
you might open in any pdf viewer or print using a printer.  For this
process to happen, you need to have installed TeX and friends in your
system.

Please note that Pagemaker, which is a different typesetting system
has nothing to do with TeX or LaTeX nor can it understand TeX markup.

Best regards