[Tugindia] Y&Y TeX in windows 7

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Tue Jul 13 11:17:04 CEST 2010

El jul 13, 2010, a las 10:04 a.m., jagdish singh escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> Is anybody running Tex  on Windows 7, I am facing problem with
> postscript fonts, the fonts are showing unknown in dvi windo, please
> help

Y & Y is way outdated; it would be better to migrate to MikTeX or something else.  These sorts of problems will only get worse with time.  If you insist on keeping Y & Y, it would be better to keep running Windows 98 or whatever, with no upgrades, on one machine to sustain it (this is what is done in case of certain critical legacy applications).  I don't really see much merit in such an effort in this case, though -- even though you would be able to continue using Y & Y, it would become increasingly difficult to share work with anybody else (co-authors, publishers, etc.) because *they* would all have more recent packages.  All you could do would be to create *.ps or *.pdf files that others can (sometiems!) print out if needed.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao