[Tugindia] Adobe Acrobat to convert from pdflatex's pdf into Microsoft word?

Ajay Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Mon Feb 1 07:00:35 CET 2010

Folks,

I tried to take an ordinary (un-complex) pdf file produced using
pdflatex, and feed it to Adobe Acrobat, and save as M S Word. The
results are simply horrible. Am I missing something or is this route
hopeless?

And a related question: For this document it says "comments are
disabled". Is there something about pdf produced by pdflatex that
interferes with doing pdf annotation?

If an entire workgroup is using PDF files produced using pdflatex,
what's the right tool for doing on-screen
annotations/comments/modification to PDF files which can be used
within the group? Ideally open source?

--
Ajay Shah                                      http://www.mayin.org/ajayshah
ajayshah at mayin.org                             http://ajayshahblog.blogspot.com