[Tugindia] conversion of fonts with Fontforge

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sat Apr 17 10:08:07 CEST 2010

On 17-Apr-2010, at 12:48 PM, jagdish singh wrote:

> Iam using the Fontforge program for converting pfb to pfm, tfm and afm,
> I want to know that what encoding option should i select for this conversion
> , please suggest

OT1 or T1 encoding (T1 preferred).

By the way, TeX needs only .tfm and .pfb, other file types like .pfm and .afm are not needed. When you use fontforge, you need to create several compound glyphs and ligatures by yourself.  Unless you know what you're doing, you will end up with a type1 font which may not have all the glyphs at the right locations as expected.  Further, font definition (.fd) and map files are also to be created.

TOO BAD YOU CAN'T BUY a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin
real fast and freak everybody out.
		-- Jack Handley, The New Mexican, 1988.