[Tugindia] texmf.cnf problem for DevanagariTeX in Ubuntu904/Texlive

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at yahoo.co.in
Wed Oct 28 13:41:50 CET 2009

P. P. Narayanaswami said on Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 09:50:14AM -0230,:

 > I use Texlive that is bundled with Ubuntu 9.04 with the texmf root

I do not use Ubuntu, but have Debian Sid; so I guess it somewhere close.

Open a console (command line) and type the following (without the quotes):-

"apt-cache search devanag"

If one of the output lines  says:-

"texlive-lang-indic - TeX Live: Indic"

you can simply install the texlive-lang-indic package usign synaptic
or aptitude or whatever.

"apt-cache show texlive-lang-indic" gives the following information;
<preformatted>  ;-)

 Essential indic
 .
 This package includes the following CTAN packages:
  bangtex -- Class files for writing Bangla and Asamese with LaTeX.
  bengali -- The bengali package.
  burmese -- Basic Support for Writing Burmese.
  ebong -- The ebong package.
  itrans -- Transliteration of Indian Languages.
  malayalam -- Fonts for typesetting Malayalam, with a pre-processor.
  omega-devanagari -- The omega-devanagari package.
  velthuis -- Typesetting Devanagari.
  wnri -- No caption.
  wntamil -- Tamil to TeX converter.
  bin-devnag -- Binaries for the Devnag preprocessor.
  bin-ebong -- Define LaTeX macros using Perl
Homepage: http://www.tug.org/texlive

</preformatted>

Not sure if this this is what you are looking for.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://fizzard.blogspot.com
Distribute Free Software --