[Tugindia] Figure at bottom of first page

Arun Kejariwal arun_kejariwal at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 28 21:38:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am using the ACM two column format (http://www.sigplan.org/sigplanconf.cls). I want to place a figure - two column wide - at the bottom of the *FIRST* page of my document. Based on web search, I could figure out to use dblfloatfix.sty to place figures at the bottom of a page. However, the figure "spills' over to the bottom of page 2. Essentially, I want the ACM copyright blurb at the bottom of the left column of the first page, the two-column wide figure above the copyright and other text (corresponding to the abstract and the introduction) to be placed accordingly on the first page.

Any pointers as in how to fix this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun