[Tugindia] Line spacing question

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Wed Jun 24 02:21:56 CEST 2009

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Derek Cordeiro wrote:

> How do I set a line spacing in LaTeX that corresponds to a 1.5 line
> spacing in Word/OOo? The setspace package together with
> \onehalfspacing does not generate the same line spacing(Word/OOo
> generates more space). How do I replicate the same spacing in LaTeX?
> (I have specifications given to me as a word document)

If you want to change the interline spacing for an entire document, then
you can just give the command

      \renewcommand{\baselinestreth}{x}

where x is a number you can experiment with. This is a standard LaTeX
feature and does not need any additional package.

The package "setspace" comes in handy when you want different
interlinespacing at different parts of the document. Apart from the
commands like \onehalspacing and environments like
\begin{onehalfspace}...\end{onehalfspace}, this package has also commands
like \setstretch{x} for setting interlinespacing of your choice for the
entire document and also the environment
\begin{spacing}{x}...\end{spacing} to do this for parts of the document,
where x, as before, is a number you can play around with.

THe introductory part of the file sespace.sty itself gives all this
information. The package does not seem to have separate documentation.

--
Krishnan