[Tugindia] help

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Wed Jun 10 07:08:37 CEST 2009

A general advice: Please look at latex FAQ before posting any question in
the forum.   It is available from
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes
It is a very useful resource.
There are a few drawing packages available.  I am listing packages that are
available for
both windows and linux since you haven't mentioned your operating system.
1. IPE from
 http://luaforge.net/projects/ipe/
You can produce graphics in pdf and eps format. You can insert latex code
in the figures.
Tikz is language for drawing mathematical figures.  It is part of miktex and
texlive distributions.
A tutorial is available at:
http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2007-1/mertz/mertz.pdf
2 TpX can produce output in a variety of formats including tikz, eps and
png.  It is available from
http://tpx.sourceforge.net/
3.  Dia from
http://live.gnome.org/Dia
It can also produce output in a variety of formats.
A comprehensive guide to using graphics in latex is:
http://www.ctan.org/get/info/epslatex/english/epslatex.pdf
Hope this will help.
Regards,
Venkataraman