[Tugindia] Malayalam Latex

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Fri Jun 5 09:07:22 CEST 2009

El jun 5, 2009, a las 9:12 a.m., V. Sasi Kumar escribió:

> Yes, of course, XeTeX is the latest, and probably the best option. I
> did
> not mention it because I have not been able to use it. I have not been
> able to find a good tutorial on XeTeX or able to understand how to go
> about using it. Any guidance would be highly appreciated, especially
> since I often have to prepare documents containing Malayalam and
> English.

I agree that the state of the documentation on XeTeX does leave
something to be desired, but I am aware of others who are using it
currently to typeset Indian-language documents (in Devanagari/Sanskrit
and Kannada, however; not sure about Malayalam), and the process is
quite straightforward for the most part.  There is a XeTeX mailing
list for specific queries about the package.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao