[Tugindia] counting words in a TEX document

Asha G dendron.15 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 09:28:21 CET 2009

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: counting words in TeX document (A. Mani)
>

> Asha G <dendron.15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a LaTeX document ( kile) which I have converted to pdf. I would
> like
> > to count the words in this. Can someone tell me how I do this?
> >

> Use pdftotext and wc to get it.
>
> You can also put that into kile
>
> untex + wc will be less reliable.
>
> Instead of wc, you can use kedit or kate.
>
> Best
>
> A. Mani

When I did pdftotext and then did wc on the text I get the following
message.
wc: /home/proj/08/cesasha/Nature/JaneliaProposal.txt:56: Invalid or
incomplete m ultibyte or wide character
   60  2511 15147 /home/proj/08/cesasha/Nature/JaneliaProposal.txt
can you please explain what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Asha