[Tugindia] nomenclature package

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Jan 1 16:12:34 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Sreejith Kuttanikkad
<sreejithpk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a problem with nomencl package. I try to have a symbol as following.
>
> \nomenclature{$P\!e$}{P\'{e}clet Number}
> where I have used a negative space thing between P and e in $Pe$. In this
> case the layout get disturbed and the entry comes as below:
>
> [P
>    e]*PecletNumber*
>
> Any work around?

Ah, you did the mischief of using '\!'  :-)  As you might know,
nomenclature is nothing but  modified glossary item and it makes use
of makeindex program to sort the entries.  In the makeindex parlance,
'!' is reserved for sub entries, so it is doing its job faithfully by
making the rest of the string as subitem.  You might try with
'\negthinspace' instead of \! and it works perfectly.

Best regards