[Tugindia] Font problem

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Sat Dec 12 03:09:09 CET 2009

El dic 11, 2009, a las 11:07 p.m., Anoop Sinha escribió:

> Now, I'd like to know how to get over this problem. I searched with
> these font-names on my computer, but couldn't find them (not even
> Nimbus Roman No9: which I found to be surprising, 'cause I can see
> that font in open office). Do these font-files have other names?

I don't know anything about these fonts though I am sure there is a
straight answer to your question, but is there a reason that you
cannot just embed all fonts in the document itself?  I would use:

ps2pdf14 -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dEmbedAllFonts=true $1.ps

-- after doing the standard rounds of latex, bibtex, latex, latex,
dvips on the file.  If Corel Draw or another application is still
unable to find the fonts in the resulting PDF, then something else
must be going on besides missing fonts.

> Lastly, am I better off searching for a press that doesn't insist on
> importing stuff into Corel Draw?

I have heard from others (have no personal experience in this regard)
that applications that import PDFs created by TeX can sometimes mess
up the formatting, tables, etc.  It is worth wondering why the press
cannot just take a camera-ready text from you.  If they are only using
Corel Draw to insert the title pages, logo, etc., this may not be such
a big issue, however.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao