[Tugindia] Drawing a surface with a tangent plane

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 08:36:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Can anyone tell me how I may draw, in a Latex document, a 3D-surface
> together with a tangent plane at a point on that surface with the outward
> tangent at that point? Is there any Graphics package which will help me do
> this?
You can use PSTricks to draw such graphs  with LaTeX. This package
comes with LaTeX. Also there are many specific packages  with
pstricks.  Advantage of using pstricks is you get same fonts for
labels of figures with less work. also, quality sharpness and accuracy
of the figures generated with pstricks is very good.

Here are examples
http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=examples

>is this the correct place to ask this question?
You can ask this question also on pstricks mailing list. For that
please refer this link.
http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi/
Also  there are plenty  of documentations available on net.

Best wishes,

--
Manjusha Joshi